- Need support? Call Us Now
Get Support Coordination from Harmony Place
What is Support coordination?
Support coordination is a capacity building service to implement all supports in your plan, including informal, mainstream, community and funded supports. A Support Coordinator will work creatively and resourcefully with you to help you to utilise your support budgets to achieve your goals, focusing on supporting you to direct your life, not just your services.
This may include supporting you to:
- assess a number of culturally appropriate, community, informal and provider options;
- choose preferred options or providers;
- negotiate services to be provided and their prices, develop service agreements and create service bookings with preferred providers;
- negotiate services and prices;
- arrange any assessments required to determine the nature and type of funding required (G..assessment to determine the type of complex home modifications required);
- decide a budget for each support type;
- link to mainstream or community services (I.E. housing, education, transport, health);
- strengthen and enhance an individual’s capacity to and provide assistance to resolve problems or issues which may arrive, understand your responsibilities under service agreements and change or end service agreements; and
- get ready for your plan review by helping you to assess whether you achieved your goals,identify solutions to problems experienced in implementing the plan and consider new goals.
Harmony Place delivers both Coordination of Support and Specialist Support Coordination services through our team of case managers, accredited social workers and psychologists, and can support people with high complex needs or high-level risks.